Solargain is proud to be one of the first Solar PV companies accepting the Clean Energy Council Solar Retailer Code of Conduct, a voluntary scheme authorised by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC).
Companies that have signed on to the code have committed to provide a higher standard of quality and service, raising the bar in the solar industry. They will also provide a minimum five-year whole of system and installation warranty on solar power systems.
The program is designed to give peace of mind to people who are making the decision to invest in a solar system by helping them purchase the best product available from a company committed to responsible sales and marketing. Customers can identify businesses that have signed on to the code by a special Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer logo.
How does this affect you?
As a CEC Approved Solar Retailer, Solargain will:
- uphold customers' legal rights relating to cooling-off periods and refunds and give them the chance to cancel a contract and obtain a full refund if any changes are made that are not approved in writing (including variations to system design);
- provide a minimum five-year warranty covering the operation and performance of the entire solar system;
- fully inform customers about the processes involved between system installation and network connection, or facilitate this process on their behalf.
In order to conserve our accreditation, we must:
- provide customers with all required documentation after the system is installed;
- adhere to all existing legislation and regulations;
- be fully accountable for the actions of any subcontracted parties, including Clean Energy Council Accredited Installers and Designers;
- have a fair and transparent complaints process, and respond to customers within 21 days of them making a complaint.
Solargain's CEC Approved Solar Retailer Certificate is available here.