About the Company
Solargain is a dynamic, professional and ethical organisation specialising in solar power, battery storage and solar hot water solutions. We are a national company and listed amongst the largest providers in the country. We are a family-owned business with 12 years’ experience selling and installing PV, and are a CEC Approved Solar Retailer and ISO 9001 accredited, with more than 60,000+ PV installations and solar hot water systems across Australia. Solargain has invested in a highly skilled, dedicated Residential and Commercial division which has grown to be one of the market leaders Australia wide. With a growing residential, commercial and wholesale solar business, we are looking to expand our team.
About the Role
Solargain is offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, A grade electrician looking to utilise their industry expertise and installation skills to conduct Solar PV installations and servicing as a full-time electrician based out of our West Melbourne office. Day to day you will be dynamic and be able to mould to the requirements of our customers whether that be through residential or commercial installations, fault finding and system diagnosis through to system maintenance and service.
The position is best suited someone who is customer focused with the drive and skillset to be a leader, with the scope of moving into a leadership role as the business develops. As an A grade electrician you will be responsible for apprentices and trades assistance. Whilst CEC accreditation is favourable, for the right candidate we would be happy to invest in the appropriate training programmes
- Installation/service of solar PV systems for residential and commercial projects.
- Upgrading pre-existing solar PV systems.
- Audits on solar PV systems and compliance analysis.
- Fault finding/diagnosis of solar PV system issues and problem solving.
- Maintenance of solar PV systems and completing maintenance reports.
- Completion of job files and compliance documentation.
- Undertaking site inspections.
- Liaising with internal parties regarding warranty replacement stock.
- Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
- Strong understanding of (and experience in) the latest compliance requirements and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of various inverter configurations and setup.
- Comprehensive knowledge of solar module configuration and array design.
- Ability to work around complex designs and offer configuration solutions when required.
- A positive "can do" attitude.
- Great telephone manner and enjoy helping customers.
- Neat presentation and customer-focused.
- Excellent time management, reporting and computing skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- A Grade Electrician licence.
- Construction Induction Card and Working at Heights.
- CEC Install & Design Accreditation preferred but not required
- Drivers Licence.
- Successful applicants will hold a current police clearance or be able to provide one within one month of commencing employment.
- The position is limited to Australian citizens &/or persons that have a legal, valid right to work in Australia.
Solargain is an Australian owned; medium sized business and invests in the lives of its employees by promoting from within. We encourage you to develop your career in an exciting industry with a market leading solar provider. We strive to be the brand of choice for sustainable energy solutions. Solargain is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workforce.
How to Apply
Call Kevin Russell on 0455 077 130 for a confidential discussion.