To schedule maintenance and service for your solar power system, fill out a service request form or get in touch with our customer service team on 1300 73 93 55
Why service my solar power system?
Your solar power system may be quiet, but it’s working hard every day to produce clean electricity for your home. The panels on your roof are often exposed to harsh weather conditions, while your inverter tirelessly plays the middleman between AC and DC electricity.
There’s no doubt that solar power systems are built to be tough and reliable, but just like running a car, regular servicing is the best way to ensure everything remains safe and efficient.
Solargain recommends servicing your solar power system once a year. This will guarantee that your unit is producing as much renewable electricity as it should be.
Most importantly, regular solar power system servicing helps safeguard against any mechanical problems in the future, so that you can get the most out of your investment.
How much does it cost?
Solargain is a CEC Member with CEC Accredited Installers and Designers. With offices in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Canberra, Queensland and many rural locations across the country, we can get to you fast!
You’ll find our servicing rates to be very competitive, with further discounts available in ‘bulk servicing’ locations, such as lifestyle villages etc.
Our health prices vary, please enquire for our prices in your area.
What happens during a solar power system service?
We pride ourselves on offering quick and thorough workmanship, minimising any inconvenience to you.
Our specially-trained technicians generally complete a service in less than 2 hours. You don’t have to be at home, but we will need access to your switchboard, inverter and roof.
The following checks and tasks will be provided as part of your service:
- A detailed clean of your inverter, in order to minimise dust and other matter affecting the electrical components
- kW/h production tests of your system, to ensure it still meets expected energy outputs
- Shade impact monitoring and advice where necessary
- Inspection of the wiring integrity and wiring enclosures, ensuring that no damage has been caused by UV rays, heat, vermin or other forces
- Anti-islanding tests
- Junction box checks – ensuring they remain water-tight and free from moisture ingress
- A test of all associated switches and circuit breakers to check that they are operational and all terminations are secure
- Inspection and maintenance of all safety warning labels
- A comprehensive clean of your panels*: removing dust, grit, bird droppings, residue, moss and any other debris that could be affecting efficiency
*For an additional fee of $5 per panel