See below for a guide to reconnect your Growatt inverter to your home’s WiFi network.
1. Connect to your home’s WiFi network on your smartphone. Make sure that your router's name consists of only english letters and numbers, as the Growatt inverter does not support special characters. The Growatt inverter also does not support public networks with secondary authentication, or bridge networks. For safety reasons, please use only encrypted wireless networks.
2. Download the ShinePhone App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
3. Open the ShinePhone App and click ‘Register’ on the login page.
4. Select your country as Autralia and your home city, then click ‘Next’, note: if you select the wrong country and city your system may operate on an incorrect clock.
5. Complete your account by filling out the required information, then click ‘Next’, this will bring you to the ‘Add Datalogger’ page.
6. Scan or input the ShineWiFi barcode found on your device, as well as the check-code, then click ‘Register’, you will then be taken to the ‘Set Shine Wifi-F’ page.
7. Fill in your WiFi’s network name and password, then select ‘Configuration’, after your system has configured successfully it will move to the ‘My Plant’ page. There are 3 LEDs on the Shine WiFi F module, only a flashing blue LED indicates a successful connection to both the router and Growatt Shine server. flashing indicates the Shine WiFi-F module is successfully connected to the router and Growatt Shine Server.
8. If you receive a ‘Failed’ message during this connection, refer Appendix A of your troubleshooting guide.
9. Login to your account on your app and click the ‘+’ sign shown on the top right hand corner of the page and select the ‘Datalogger list’. Then, hold down on the Datalogger’s serial number for 3 secons and a small dialogue window will appear. Select ‘Configure Datalogger’. It will then take you to the ‘Set Shine WiFi-F’ page, enter your home routers name and password and click ‘Set’ and the connection configuration process will begin again.
10. After successfully configuring you inverter, the app will take you to the ‘Plant’ page, select your inverter here from the device list to update your monitoring information.
Note, if you would like to add, configure, delete or edit a dataloggger, click the ‘+’ sign on the top right hand corner of the ‘My Plant’ page. There will be 4 options opened in a dialogue window, select the one corresponding to what you want to do.
If the above steps have not been successful you can attempt the following.
- Turn off the inverter’s AC isolator
- Turn off the inverter’s DC isolator
- Turn off WiFi modem for 10-20 seconds and then turn it back on
- Turn on the inverter’s DC isolator
- Turn on the inverter’s AC isolator
- Let it be for 15 minutes